Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Let Me Be Free.


I'm trying, Lord. I'm trying.
My mind gets in the way though.
Of so many things.
Just living.

I find myself drawn towards the ground.
Just to lie down.
Anywhere I can.
Lie down.
Stare up at the clouds.
The sky.

My mind is a mess.
Fluttering thoughts of madness.
Sadness.
It Burns.

I try to focus on a swaying palm tree.
Focus on the reflection of the Sun on the leaves.
It's calming.
Soothing.

The tears come rushing.
Pouring from a well that I didn't know existed.
The tightness in my chest.
The gasping for a breath.
The twitching of my hands.
My feet.

I rest my hands on my heart.
Please, oh please.
Give me silence.
Give me silence.
Feel the breath in my chest and live in it.

Find the little things.
A flower.
A child smiling. Saying your name.
The sky.
A breeze.
A hug from a good friend.
The ocean.
A mountain.

I lie here. Alone.
And I wonder.
Let me be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment